Monday, October 7, 2013

Music is my Passion

The reason I chose this topic of music is because I love music, and it's my passion. I play six different instruments, and it's a huge part of my life. I've been part of music ever since I was little, and I plan on continuing my passion throughout college and the rest of my life. I want to use my passion to inspire others. 
I want to use music to prove to others that life is worth living, and for being happy while they are in it. After I was born, my mother became depressed, and music was part of the reason that she could overcome the depression. She listened to music a lot, and it helped her. So now, I want to help other people who were diagnosed with depression, and use music to connect with them and show them something that they could grasp onto as a ladder out of their depression. 
My plan is to use my passion, and some of my friends who share the same passion as I do, and convince others to live and overcome their sadness. I will find a few friends who love to play music as much as I do, and get them all together to practice some music. Then, after we are all prepared, talk with an instructor or director at Pleasant Acres, which is one of the local places who house people who are trying to overcome depression. I will see if they allow volunteers to come in and speak with the people, and if they do, take my "band" and go and visit the people there. We can play for them, and talk to them about music and if and how it's helped them overcome their depression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment