Monday, October 28, 2013

Realization

So far, I've completed my Pitch Project, and figured out basically my whole game plan. I've honestly got it all figured out, and if one little thing goes wrong, the whole thing will practically fall apart. Throughout this process, I've learned a lot about my style, work ethic, and just me in general. I am simply a procastinator. I'll wait until almost the last minute to do things, unless I have music, which helps my case in a lot of ways. I have to bring my music to school and plug in my headphones in order to maintain my focus, and if I don't, I will get so off task that I won't get anything done. It's like I'm in my own little world when the headphones are in, and that's the only place I can get work done.
The way my mind works, is once I have an idea, it will just keep developing, no matter if it's as big as I can get. From the beginning, I have gotten way farther than I would have imagined, because my mind keeps coming up with ways to make this project even better than it alreeady is. I started out with me and a friend on a trip to York Hospital, and now I have an even grander plan, with a bigger result, and I'm happy with it. That's probably the easiest thing that I have accomplished in this projet.
Something relatively difficult was finding the time to do what I need to do. For example, the person I was planning on contacting, Becky Heywood, doesn't have the same schedule I do. She only will pick up the phone from 8-4 on weekdays. I found this frusterating to deal with because personally, I have a busy schedule, and usually are doing things from 8-4 every day, and when I finally got home on a school day, I would completely forget to call her until it was almost 5:00, which didn't really help the situation.
The "Real world" is not so different from what I imagined, but I knew it was going to be difficult from the start. Like I said, contacting the worker was an issue, becuase of conflicting schedules, but I realized that she's not coming to me, she doesn't even know that I was planning to contact her. I have to take control of what I want to get done, and I will just have to do it, since we are pretty much working on our own. So, I learned a lot about my character in the process of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment